Filecabinet Forum

Go to exilecabi.net
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Control Panel

Your profile

Information

Preference

Signature

Avatar

Social

Friends and Foes

Memberlist

Groups

Private messages

Inbox

PM sent

 Other

Topic is being watched

Forum statistics

Latest topics
» If a guy called Ceehound joins then
Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:23 am by ceehound619

» Dat OG Gangsta Returns....
Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:39 pm by ceehound619

» LAST POST OWNS ALL!
Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:57 pm by jammin91

» Villa builders explore in Cochin
Wed May 23, 2012 11:36 am by KIMBERT

» Villa builders explore in Cochin
Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:37 am by KIMBERT

» More about Hemorrhoids
Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:07 pm by Meyer

» How to Master the Tracks?
Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:23 am by derfin

» Well, um, hey everybody.
Fri May 20, 2011 11:51 pm by Rocker Kid

» Massages To Sooth The Tired Muscles
Mon May 16, 2011 8:53 am by JAMON


Share | 
 

 Question?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Afronaught

avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:41 am

Did you guys read the TOS?
Back to top Go down
Nana
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : In Yo Pants!

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:44 am

I did in a previous instance, why?

have we borken the rules yet?

geek
Back to top Go down
Afronaught

avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:47 am

Nope But you cant have a VIP XXX room on here Razz
Back to top Go down
Nana
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : In Yo Pants!

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 am

Yeah I know we aint suppose to have pron and gore and stuff

but we do have a VIP

afro
Back to top Go down
Afronaught

avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:50 am

Cool Smile
Back to top Go down
Nana
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : In Yo Pants!

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:52 am

LOL

Yeah, aint nobody in there yet



geek
Back to top Go down
MCMXCII
McRomanMcNumerals
avatar

Posts : 434
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Stockholm

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:57 am

nana wrote:
LOL

Yeah, aint nobody in there yet



geek

Where is the VIP? I can has access? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JooX
Mudkipz leikz U!
avatar

Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 40
Location : Your moms room

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:47 am

No Roman numerals allowed! pirat
Back to top Go down
TGD_02

avatar

Posts : 234
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Land of 10,000 fakes.

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:07 am

fuk it
porn ftw
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 640
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 26
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Afronaught wrote:
Did you guys read the TOS?

I've read it... Embarassed But I was kinda hoping that if we would make it for special members only they wouldn't notice...
Back to top Go down
loadrunner
That Old Serpent
avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:13 pm

is linking to pornocraphics forbidden on a hidden VIP room?
Back to top Go down
Afronaught

avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Heero Valentine wrote:
Afronaught wrote:
Did you guys read the TOS?

I've read it... Embarassed But I was kinda hoping that if we would make it for special members only they wouldn't notice...

If it's stored on their servers (Database or Hard Drives) They're going to notice.
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 640
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 26
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Ah okey...Thanks for the warning then Afro...Seeing as the ToS states they can delete the site whenever we break the ToS.
Back to top Go down
Afronaught

avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Yep...

I suggest as an Admin... get to know the DCMA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)

as well as 18 U.S.C. § 2257 (The Child Protection and Obscenity Enforcement Act)

As the Admin and owner.. you are Liable if some conservative soccermom sumbles onto the site or sees her kid viewing something they shouldent on here.

The Difference here and on the Old FileCabi Forum is that the Legal shit was handled by the Live Universe Lawyers... here you dont have the backing of Live Universe.
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 640
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 26
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Afronaught wrote:
Yep...

I suggest as an Admin... get to know the DCMA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)

as well as 18 U.S.C. § 2257 (The Child Protection and Obscenity Enforcement Act)

As the Admin and owner.. you are Liable if some conservative soccermom sumbles onto the site or sees her kid viewing something they shouldent on here.

The Difference here and on the Old FileCabi Forum is that the Legal shit was handled by the Live Universe Lawyers... here you dont have the backing of Live Universe.

Ay exactly the reason why my old signature isn't here.
*puts on his reading glasses*
Back to top Go down
MCMXCII
McRomanMcNumerals
avatar

Posts : 434
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Stockholm

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:12 pm

What, can they actually sue someone in a different country because they get upset over what their kid chooses to look at? That's just fucked up..

Even if they do find Heero, which is unlikely, they can't just sue some guy in another country for posting nudity on a website right!? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Afronaught

avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:23 pm

MCMXCII wrote:
What, can they actually sue someone in a different country because they get upset over what their kid chooses to look at? That's just fucked up..

Even if they do find Heero, which is unlikely, they can't just sue some guy in another country for posting nudity on a website right!? Neutral

There are international internet Laws... The Latest one being drafted now is ACTA and The Netherlands falls under the EU as far as digital information is concerned.

Also this forum Servers are Based in the U.S.A (Georgia), DCMA is an International Law. 18 U.S.C. § 2257 is based in the United states. And as of 1 January ACTA that covers The whole of Europe, USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, South Korea and Australia.

So Yes Heero can be held responsible as an Individual for Violations of the law.

And it's not about Lawsuits.. if ACTA is ratified in December, Heero can be Charged Criminally.

And Can Be Charged/Sued according to the EU Child Protection and Saftey Action Plan


Last edited by Afronaught on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MCMXCII
McRomanMcNumerals
avatar

Posts : 434
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Stockholm

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:27 pm

Well can't we just put a disclaimer upon entering this site? Like: "I agree to tick this box so that my bitch of a mum can't sue you for something she feels is inappropriate, and that if she even tries, she will be forced by law to shove a pinapple up her cunt".
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 640
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 26
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:33 pm

MCMXCII wrote:
Well can't we just put a disclaimer upon entering this site? Like: "I agree to tick this box so that my bitch of a mum can't sue you for something she feels is inappropriate, and that if she even tries, she will be forced by law to shove a pinapple up her cunt".

I can put up a part in the rules you had to agree to when you signed up.

Just need to write down one that sounds official.
Back to top Go down
Afronaught

avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:34 pm

First off.... for Adult content... you need to be on a Server that does not have a No Pornography Clause (Free servers dont allow Porn).

You need to clearly put disclaimers for sections that contain Adult content. and not make them plainly accesable to the genral public.

you need to activly moderate all adult content (The Law does not alow the "I didnt Know I had Kiddy Porn" excuse)

You need to set up a disclaimer for all members who post and to let them know that illegal content will be dealt with switftly.

you need to set up COPPA registrations to deter children from registering
Back to top Go down
MCMXCII
McRomanMcNumerals
avatar

Posts : 434
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Stockholm

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Perfect. The last thing we need is a lawsuit. Smile

So what do you suggest we do then Afro??
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 640
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 26
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Afronaught wrote:
First off.... for Adult content... you need to be on a Server that does not have a No Pornography Clause (Free servers dont allow Porn).

Sounds like the Vip XxX room is a no-no

Afronaught wrote:

You need to clearly put disclaimers for sections that contain Adult content. and not make them plainly accesable to the genral public.

With you guys on here the whole site is adult content...So I can put that up in the registration disclaimer?

Afronaught wrote:

you need to activly moderate all adult content (The Law does not alow the "I didnt Know I had Kiddy Porn" excuse)

We'll have about 5 or so admins and most of the time I have too much free time...So that's covered.

[quote="Afronaught"]
You need to set up a disclaimer for all members who post and to let them know that illegal content will be dealt with switftly.[quote]

Shocked sounds like I'll need to be busy...

Afronaught wrote:

you need to set up COPPA registrations to deter children from registering


But is it needed if I put in the registration disclaimer that you have to be of 16(or 18) years of age to enter this site?
Back to top Go down
Afronaught

avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Keep the porn off the forum...
No blatant full frontal Nudity.
No Links to Warez or Free Commercial Software or File Sharing sites

Set up a clear set of moderation rules for the mod staff, and enforce the rules thourougly.

You guys sould be fine then..

Oh and Just incase mr Greenspan take's offence... dont use Filecabi.net... It's a registered trademark with Live Universe and they could ask for the forum to be shut down.

Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 640
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 26
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:45 pm

Afronaught wrote:
Keep the porn off the forum...
No blatant full frontal Nudity.
No Links to Warez or Free Commercial Software or File Sharing sites

Set up a clear set of moderation rules for the mod staff, and enforce the rules thourougly.

You guys sould be fine then..

Oh and Just incase mr Greenspan take's offence... dont use Filecabi.net... It's a registered trademark with Live Universe and they could ask for the forum to be shut down.


I'll still go busy with having a look at the registration disclaimer.
Maybe add a few things, If I'm correct there should be a standard one already put in there by forumotion.

Can someone confirm that?

And they can't really say anything about it right?
a filecabinet is just a plain word.
Back to top Go down
MCMXCII
McRomanMcNumerals
avatar

Posts : 434
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Stockholm

PostSubject: Re: Question? Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:46 pm

No nudity at all?? Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Question?

Back to top Go down
 

Question?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filecabinet Forum :: General Discussion :: General Chat-